Job Summary: The Digital Scholarship Center (DSC) Specialist manages learning environments, including a media center, in Campbell Library. This position supports the Digital Scholarship Librarian in the development of training opportunities and research projects for faculty and students. The Specialist will be responsible for providing support for digital applications and for identifying and assisting in the implementation of emergent technologies related to data services and research.
· Manages and maintains the physical space of the DSC, which currently includes an open lab with an equal number of PC and Mac workstations and three digital learning studios for video, photo, animation and disabilities software
· Creates, organizes and delivers direct user support and training efforts via online tutorials, virtual spaces, in-person workshops and drop-in assistance
· Coordinates workshops, events and other training activities to increase awareness of digital scholarship practices
· Supervises, schedules, trains, and assesses student workers
· Cooperates with staff from other units across the library
· Identifies existing and emerging technologies to advance research and learning
· Participates on library or university committees related to assigned responsibilities
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
· Three years of experience with media applications and digital scholarship; a Master’s degree may be substituted for one year of required experience
· Knowledge of digital scholarship tools, including those used for data visualization and text mining
· Familiarity with a variety of graphics applications such as Adobe Creative Suite 6 or similar
· Ability to model the highest levels of digital competency and fluency, and to help others attain them.
· Proficiency in both PC and Mac platforms
· Demonstrate commitment to excellent customer service
· Flexibility, creativity, energy, and ability to work in a changing environment, and to work collaboratively as a member of a goal-oriented team
· Excellent analytical, oral and written communication and presentation skills
· Commitment to professional development
· Knowledge of trends in libraries, research, and scholarly communication in higher education.
· Experience with statistical software such as SPSS
· Experience with data management software and web platforms
· Experience using GIS tools