The Permissions and Access Officer is responsible for managing, processing, and fulfilling requests for permission to quote from Bancroft Library manuscript collections and for permission to reproduce images of Library material in publications and other public fora. Versed in intellectual copyright matters, this position also responds to inquiries related to the copyright status of collection items. This position manages the revenue generated from permissions and duplication workflows, making deposits with spreadsheets that allocate funds to various campus chart strings and monitoring the outgoing expenses. This staff member assures compliance with campus-initiated credit card policies.
The Permissions and Access Officer schedules and serves at the three Bancroft public services desks and provides a full range of services to researchers using library resources in a wide range of formats, languages, and disciplines. S/he sorts new acquisitions for onsite and offsite storage, helps to process and fulfill requests for materials from researchers and staff, and updates, tracks, and provides reports on collection use.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training/experiences
- Experience working at a service desk in an archives, special collections, or academic library
- Experience using reference access tools and computer applications, including databases
- Familiarity with accounting practices
- Familiarity with licensing and copyright in an academic environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and follow tasks to completion
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with diverse library staff and users, including students, faculty, campus representatives, donors, and the public
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Experience with library systems, such as the Millennium Integrated Library System (ILS) or Aeon collection management system
- Experience providing classroom instruction, tours, or presentations focusing on unique and rare materials
Salary & Benefits
- The salary range for this position is: $47,600 – $65,000
More information and application: http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/LHRD/currentjobs.html#21463