Supports curator, scholar, or other scholarly staff by facilitating their research and/or assisting with their research projects, public programs, exhibitions or publications.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Conducts research in the special collections and contributes to the conceptual development of a project by organizing/creating documentation of found materials, such as bibliographies, searching for and ordering texts, writing literature reviews, etc
- Requests images for exhibitions and/or publications; researches and obtains art and image permissions
- Proofreads, edits, and translates as needed
- Assists with creation of project websites and PowerPoint presentations
- Edits and prepares video for presentations.
- Works with AV team and projectionists to ensure successful presentation of film and video
- Copyedits essays, author biographies, endnotes, etc
- May assist with organizing art programs for publications by communicating with authors, updating essay drafts, assisting editors in checking page proofs, proofing indexes, etc
- Assists with development and execution of public programs including communicating with guests and managing guest list.
- Bachelor’s degree in art history or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 0-2 years research experience (education may be considered)
- Working knowledge in at least one foreign language preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of film, contemporary art and moving image media.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Ability to build relationships, collaborate and work on teams
- Ability to set and meet deadlines for oneself
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe software suites preferred
More information and application: https://jobs-getty.icims.com/jobs/2734/research-assistant/job?mode=job&iis=Indeed&iisn=Indeed.com&mobile=false&width=550&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240