APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, April 8th
- Facilitates external and internal requests for NGA collection images. Provides general support for the NGA images Web site, and coordinates related internal work order requests.
- Organizing and maintaining storage files for physical photographic materials including examining condition of, re-labeling and re-filing returned photographic images as required.
- Performs data entry related to the fulfillment of image requests in the NGA images back-office application, the DIVS work order system and other applications. Data entry includes recording client information, order charges, payment details, object and other information. The incumbent acts in the roles of production assistant and performs the functions of asset discovery and delivery of work orders. Reviews NGA collection loan requests and ascertains status of image availability using the software applications Extensis Portfolio and TMS.
- Maintains necessary levels of technical knowledge, produces highly accurate work within deadlines and maintains collegial relations with supervisors, co-workers and staff.
- Responds to requests for images via e-mail, telephone, fax and other means. Provides operational assistance for the use of the NGA Images website.
- Advanced skills are required in the NGA Images software applications – the public facing website and back-office Capture Office Online. This includes demonstrated skill in the use of the applications to enter, update and validate data.
Candidates must meet the Qualification Standards Handbook requirements for the GS-1016-9.
This requires at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 level in the Federal service. For this position, specialized experience is at least one year of experience, equivalent in responsibility to the GS-7 level in the Federal service, coordinating image and permission requests for a cultural heritage institution.
Your application and resume must demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must show in your résumé how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. If asked to do so, cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write “see resume” in your application!
1. Knowledge of the history of western art, and art historical techniques, from the Renaissance to the present day
2. Knowledge of storage and filing methods for physical photographic materials
3. Ability to perform museum administrative functions, including advanced skills with Extensis Portfolio and TMS
4. Ability to communicate in writing, in English, with a wide variety of people
More information and application: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/434671400/