Founded in 1963, Marlborough New York is widely recognized as one of the world’s leading contemporary art dealers. The archives department at the gallery’s 57th Street location is currently seeking an Image Archivist. The archives department is responsible for capturing, preserving and distributing all materials related to gallery operations. The department also provides sales directors with the research and materials they need to facilitate the sale of artworks and the curating of exhibitions.
The Image Archivist is responsible for maintaining an up-to-date and accurate photographic records of all artworks, which will consist of the following:
- Scheduling and directing professional photography of new artwork
- Editing images to ensure accuracy
- Adding photographs of new works to the image database
- Assisting with catalogue production
- Photographing artworks and installations
- Updating and editing website content
- Organizing the visuals, books, and other materials needed for art fairs
- Providing all materials related to sales: images, books, exhibition catalogues
- Creating layouts and proportionate maquettes for future exhibitions and art fairs
- Working with other members of the archives department to complete departmental projects
Requirements/ desired qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced postsecondary degree preferred.
- Knowledge and exposure in modern and contemporary art.
*A strong, working knowledge of Photoshop and DSLR photography are essential.
More information and application: https://www.nyfa.org/Jobs/Show/c27ecb0e-c805-4e67-ad68-1229b4f2def7