Assignments & Supervision: The Art Assistant Digital Curator position will report to the Digital Archivist regarding the enhancement and development of digital assets pertaining to archival art collections.
Art Program Assistant Digital Curator duties and responsibilities:
- Curation of the Centro Digital Art Humanities Exhibitions.
- Evaluate and update metadata of digital assets from current and past travelling exhibitions.
- Selects and prioritizes the Centro art collections to be transferred to a digital format.
- Oversees and assists with the digitization of art works in coordination with Centro staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Art and or art/history background and knowledge, specifically, knowledge of Puerto Rican visual art and artists.
- Proficiency in the use of applications including experience with content management systems and/or databases, descriptive metadata and editing software including Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to understand and follow complex, detailed technical instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects.
- Skill in the appropriate handling of museum-quality artwork and/or artifacts.
- Demonstrated art research skills.
More information and application: http://centropr.hunter.cuny.edu/sites/default/files/jobs/Art_Program_Assistant_Digital_Curator.pdf