Columbia University Libraries seek a Digitization and Preservation Projects Manager in the Preservation and Digital Conversion Division of the Libraries for a temporary three year appointment.
The Digitization and Preservation Projects Manager manages special projects, primarily larger digitization projects carried by vendors, of published materials, archival collections, and audiovisual materials; also as appropriate, inventory projects and projects to improve the content of CLIO that are related to digitization efforts. The incumbent reports to the Director, Preservation and Digital Conversion Division.
– Under general guidance from the Director, design, document, and manage project workflows, procedures, statistics, and polices. Assist in selection of vendors and developing vendor contracts.
– Supervise and train support staff and student assistants; assign work, coordinate flow of materials; act as liaison to other CUL units involved in projects.
– Act as liaison to vendors, resolve problems, assure schedules are met, and assure services meet quality and technical specifications.
– Assist with annual ingest of Internet Archive e-books into HathiTrust; assist other units with inventory and other projects; assist with other PDCD activities as needed, including disaster response.
– MLS or equivalent
– In-depth knowledge of MS Excel and/or similar tools
– Strong organizational and analytical skills
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
– Experience working in a library or archives
– Project management experience
– Commitment to supporting and working in a diverse environment
– Ability to work with bibliographic records in a variety of languages
– Knowledge of bibliographic control policies and procedures
– Familiarity with library and archives preservation, including audiovisual
– Familiarity with library and archives digitization
– Familiarity with collection maintenance policies and procedures
– Experience with digitizing library and archives materials
– Collection maintenance experience
– Experience with preservation