This is an unpaid internship with a stipend offered for lunch and travel. If desired, the internship can be used for course credit.
David Webb, an important American jewelry company founded in 1948, is seeking an archives intern possessing an interest in archival collections and decorative arts or jewelry. An attention to detail and good organizational skills are required.
The archive consists of over 40,000 drawings by David Webb, including client renderings, as well as company production records, and ephemera documenting David Webb in the fashion press and news.
This part-time internship is available to students enrolled in undergraduate or graduate archival or information studies programs or a decorative arts program, who wish to learn and gain professional experience in archive management.
- Creation of metadata
- Assisting in implementing best practices and setting priorities for collection management, processing, and description
- Maintenance of current magazine editorial and press
- Organizational skills
- In depth knowledge of processing visual material and creating finding aids
- Computer proficiency: Excel, Microsoft Office Suite, scanning, creating databases etc.
- Archival best practices
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Archive, Library or Museum experience is a plus
More information and application: https://www.nyfa.org/Jobs/Show/8ccee283-7740-4abc-aa5b-a5fd0a1f4a61