Sterling Publishing Co., Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, is seeking a Art Temp Archivist, Digital Assets. We are seeking a creative, innovative, and passionate individual who is looking to make an impact within the department as well as the organization. We require excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.Sterling Publishing is looking for a publishing professional with experience managing a large catalog of digital assets. The Archivist will be trained in the Sterling Archives environment but must be well-versed on working with digital files and software programs such as Adobe InDesign and Quark XPress.
- Archive a large catalog of Sterling Publishing’s digital assets comprised of book interior, cover, jacket, eBook, and Kit files.
- Collect, assess, and preserve information and file assets used for various publishing projects.
- Ensures the accessibility and reliability of the archives as a central repository for all digital assets.
- Follow protocols for the maintenance and retrieval of files and version control in keeping with the company’s long-term strategy for digital asset preservation.
- Assist in creating PDFs from application files for Archives, Sales & Marketing, and other purposes.
- Documents information pertaining to Printer files, eBooks, or the Archive file locations in Title Management (TMM).
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe CC2015 and QuarkXpress.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro and Distiller, the ability to manipulate files, and proficiency on MAC and PC platforms.
- Must be highly organized, disciplined, and have the ability to prioritize workload.
- Highly attentive to detail and maintaining structured data.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with archiving and/or digital asset management in a print/publishing environment required.
- Knowledge of book production processes and Title Management a plus.
More information and application: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BARNESANDNOBLE&cws=41&rid=54443