This position is responsible for supporting the technical, circulation, and reference functions of the library. The position is responsible for overseeing the library facility, materials, service and operations in the absence of the Director of Library Services and the Reference Librarians. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion – is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Process library materials used by patron. Input data needed for computer circulation and catalog system.
- Collaborate with the reference librarians to provide reference services to the patrons. Staff the circulation desk
- Check in and process print subscriptions
- Organize and maintain back issues of periodicals
- Help maintain the appearance and functionality of the Library. Perform stack maintenance.
- Maintain Library supplies and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
Students, Staff, Faculty
- Associates degree in Library, Information Science, or related with a Bachelor’s preferred.
- At least one year related experience in a post-secondary institution preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to collaborate as a member of a team
- Willing to work weekends and evenings.
More information and application: https://edmc.hua.hrsmart.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=34146&site_id=148&site_id=148