Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to inclusive excellence and nondiscrimination in its educational program and employment practices and encourages candidates who will further advance the goal of fostering a diverse and inclusive community. As one of the nation’s finest institutions of higher learning, Swarthmore College is global in outlook and draws students from around the nation and world. The 425‐acre campus is a designated arboretum, complete with gardens, rolling lawns, a creek, wooded hills, and hiking trails in the Crum Woods.
The Academic Technologist for the Humanities develops and supports enhancements to teaching, learning, and research practices across the division. Disciplines supported include art (Art History and Studio Art), Classics (Literature), English Literature, Film and Media Studies, Greek, Latin, Modern Languages and Literatures, Music and Dance, Philosophy, Religion, and Theater. Responsibilities include the following: Investigate, design and develop new technology products, services, and techniques that enhance teaching, learning, and research objectives of faculty; Consult with faculty to ensure that they are able to make informed decisions about the use of technology in their work; Support faculty and students in their evolving use of digital technologies; Collaborate with Information Technology Services (ITS) colleagues, librarians, faculty and staff, and students to infuse innovative technology ideas into the educational experience; Promote academic technologies through presentations, training, articles, and documentation; Coordinate ITS efforts with relevant vendors, professional organizations, and intercollegiate partners. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years IT work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical support for users of different skill levels; managing successful technology projects; and teaching or training.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated technical proficiency with desktop, server, and mobile platforms (MacOS, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android) and applications.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Graduate education.
- Previous experience working in an instructional technology or instructional design role, especially in higher education.
- Diverse areas of expertise including: web and mobile application development, UX design, universal design for learning, digital media creation, data visualization, and learning management systems.
More information and application: http://www.candidatemanager.net/cm/Micro/JobDetails.aspx?&mid=YEVUU&sid=GTGTF&jid=UGTFBEVF&site=Swarthmore+College&a=7s%252f%252fbuGE%252fzA%253d&b=aB6xUt8Jju0%253d