Overview: David Armstrong’s archive must undergo restoration to secure his fine art and commercial materials. The holdings include negatives, chromes, contact sheets, work prints, and editions prints that span four decades of his career. The restoration project will take place in two stages. First, all materials must be organized and stabilized. Next, the holdings will be digitized and uploaded to a database.
- 2 days per week (10am-6pm) minimum commitment required.
- Assist Project Manager and Archive Assistant in arranging, cleaning, processing, and digitizing the collection holdings. Materials include prints, chromes, negatives, slides, and other ephemera
- Assist with re-housing content
- Scan and photograph works for archive blog and database
- Input descriptive inventory for future electronic records
- BFA and/or Library Sciences degree (or related)
- Knowledge of the history of photography and photographic processes preferred
- Cataloging and research experience in the photographic field
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Bridge and Lightroom, Epson scanners
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Must be tolerant of mold and dust in order to work with materials that have been pulled out of long term storage
Compensation: $100/day stipend
More information: https://www.nyfa.org/Jobs/Show/e27f58ef-299e-47e6-be17-cda7f8bc65fb