The Position: Ringling College seeks a creative, collaborative, learner-centered professional librarian. The librarian partners with academic departments and collaborates with other faculty librarians in the development and delivery of research instruction to meet student competencies and information literacies; assists with copyright education and consultations as assigned or directed; participates in digital resources acquisition, management, development and use; provides reference service and library staff training in research resources; assists faculty in collection development activities; envisions, develops, and executes digital projects and uses new technologies to facilitate instruction, learning and research; shares coordination and supervision of Student Research Consultants and research consultant program; and, actively participates in faculty governance, institutional service, and professional development and leadership. The ideal candidate will understand the needs of art and design practitioners, be able to effectively connect with students, work directly with faculty in an exciting, evolving curriculum, have experience selecting and managing digital resources such as online databases and ebooks, and use a variety of social media platforms and emerging software applications to deliver library services and content. This is a full-time position with faculty status.
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA accredited institution.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in design, studio, art history, or a media arts discipline as offered at Ringling College.
- One year successful work experience teaching college-age adults in a college, university, museum, or cultural institution.
- Experience with newer, emerging technologies.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with faculty and staff colleagues.
- Ability to plan, implement and assess work responsibilities.
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with computers, both visually and dexterously.
- Ability to effectively supervise student assistants.
- Hearing and speaking abilities sufficient for regular communication with individuals and groups.
- Two years recent post-MLS professional librarian work experience.
- Expertise using both MAC and PC platforms.
- Experience employing technologies such as mobile apps, widgets, screencasting, etc.
- Work experience in a college or university library providing instruction and research services.
- Library public services experience, post bachelor’s degree.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of artist’s books as a genre.
- Experience supervising student assistants.
More information and application: https://ringling.simplehire.com/postings/1241