The Museum Library’s is seeking a Image Cataloger to catalog image records and input descriptive metadata for historic hall images in its Digital Special Collections Omeka database. Additionally, the Cataloger will create modular components for EAD finding aids for exhibition hall records and supervise interns on the project. The position is for 15 to 20 hours per week, for a period of up to 18 months to begin in March 2016. Digital Special Collections may be viewed by visiting: http://images.library.amnh.org/digital/
- An MLS or MLIS degree with library experience including digital imaging or digital libraries, and image cataloging.
- Experience with Omeka open source software.
- Familiarity with descriptive metadata.
- Interest in historic photographs and archival collections.
- Interest and/or familiarity with the history of the AMNH.
- Familiarity with authority work.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Good interpersonal and supervisory skills, responsible, reliable, detail-oriented.
- Ability to work flexibly and independently.
- A commitment to the project through the duration of the funding. Ability to work up to 20 hours per week, including Fridays.
More information and application: https://careers.amnh.org/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp