Graduate Research Assistant, Art and Social Change – Intersections (Part-time)
Intersections is a research/production project of the Art and Social Change Program in the Faculty of Art at OCAD University. Intersections aims to build an accessible and expansive digital hub archives and presents artists and projects working within the contemporary field of art and social change locally and internationally. The hub will transmit information and house narratives in multimedia forms. Intersections seeks to build upon the creative explorations and use of art for social change in its myriad forms at OCADU and to strengthen the school itself as a dynamic and committed site for producing and disseminating critical works and dialogue on the arts for social change. In addition to the digital site, Intersections will also create site-specific encounters at the school that engage artists and students in panels, discussions and projects related to building community and fostering the dialogue for art and social change.
- Working under the supervision of the Principal Investigator, Assistant Professor Min Sook Lee, in support of the project’s research goals and objectives;
- Assisting with data collection, literature searches, data compilation, processing, entry and analysis;
- Assisting with experimental systems design, fabrication and maintenance;
- Assisting with supervision of research activities in the lab and within the field;
- Assisting with the preparation of proposals, progress and final reports;
- Assisting with the promotion of research activities;
- Assisting with project coordination, budget management and administration of research activities;
- Participating in the hiring, scheduling and supervision of Undergraduate Research Assistants;
- Working with Technicians and other research personnel, where relevant, by ensuring the appropriate and safe use of materials, equipment and/or facilities;
- Participating in the provision of safe and secure environment for all members of the University community and its facilities.
- Completion of a relevant graduate degree or current enrollment in a relevant graduate program and/or equivalent training and professional experience;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communications, and problem solving skills;
- Academic, artistic practice or work experience related to producing, disseminating or organizing around the field of Art and Social Change.
- Strong communication skills, particularly written and design
- A passion for art and social justice
Hours of Work: 10 hours per week, with an anticipated start date of Thursday, February 11, 2016. This contract is from February 11 to April 8, 2016
Compensation:$28.40 per hour with an additional 4% in lieu of vacation and 6% in lieu of benefits
Application Procedure: Applicants should provide a one page covering letter explaining their interest, a C.V., and three references. Applications should be sent to Min sook Lee, email@example.com, Please note in subject line INTERSECTIONS-ART & SOCIAL CHANGE – Graduate Research Assistant. Review of applications will be conducted on an ongoing basis and continue until the position has been filled.