|Department:||Art & Art History|
|# of openings:||1|
|Appointment:||Part Time – Regular|
|FLSA Classification:||Hourly (Non-Exempt)|
|Purpose of Position
Macalester College seeks to hire a part-time Visual Resources Specialist. This position will be working in the Art and Art History department and will be responsible for maintaining and developing the Digital Image Collection. Applications for this position will be accepted through February 4, 2016.
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphases on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.
• Bachelor’s degree in Art or Art History required
• 1-3 years previous professional experience in Visual Resources
• Professional experience working with CONTENTdm, ArtStor Shared Shelf, Excel, Photoshop, Google applications, and Microsoft Office applications required
• Must be proficient in digital imaging, database management, and metadata standards
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to technology changes and troubleshoot technical problems
• Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, work under tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to work closely with others and complete assignments as member of a team
• Experience working with computers, printers, projectors, scanners, digital cameras, copiers, and other basic office equipment
• Demonstrated ability to hire, train, and supervise student workers
• Previous experience with budget management desired
• Curate, maintain, and develop the Digital Image Collection for the Art and Art History department
• Manage image acquisition, quality, description, and access
• Provide teaching materials and resources for faculty
• Provide technical support for the Art and Art History department
• Assist with department webpage and community outreach projects
• Hire, train, and supervise student workers
• Other projects and duties as assigned
This position is not benefit eligible.
For best consideration please submit resume and cover letter in one PDF document through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage no later than February 4, 2016. Review of applications will begin on February 4, 2016.