The Ryerson and Burnham Libraries of the Art Institute of Chicago invites applications for the Digital Initiatives and Technologies Librarian.
The Librarian will guide the Libraries’ digital future supporting digital and technology services that support research, scholarship, teaching, and learning. The Librarian will strategize the Libraries’ presence in a future digital environment providing the vision for and implementation of optimal access to electronic assets and resources through the library’s website. Candidates must understand the broad landscape of trends in information technology and libraries, and must have a demonstrated track record of successful project management, implementation, and evaluation of technologies and services.
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Libraries and Archives, the Librarian coordinates leadership and vision in planning, implementing, managing, growing, supporting and preserving digital initiatives that support the mission of the library and the AIC. The Librarian will work closely with the AIC Digital Experience and Access department to develop and maintain the Libraries’ website and access to resources. The Librarian will collect and use data to inform decisions on technology integration and will evaluate implemented projects. The Librarian is both the support and primary technology strategist for library-specific projects, works closely with the Information Technology department for hardware and software implementation, and trains and advises library staff on use of internal and external systems. The Librarian establishes and maintains library systems and connections to outside resources including the Integrated Library System (ILS), Interlibrary Loan (ILL) System, OCLC, and licensed resources. The Librarian provides the vision for the Libraries’ digital environment and the skills in project management necessary to achieve it.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited institution or equivalent degree required with 2-5 years professional experience.
- Working knowledge of web development, design, frameworks, and standards.
- Demonstrated project management experience from research and planning to implementation to evaluation.
- Knowledge and understanding of automated library systems and related search and discovery products and digital repositories.
- Familiarity with best practices in digital asset management, discovery, and preservation.
- Experience in/familiarity with preparing technology-related RFP’s, budgets, and grants.
- Knowledge of metadata creation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to facilitate collaboration.
- Ability to communicate with diverse library users and staff.
More information and application: https://hrweb.artic.edu/psc/HRPRODE/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB&Action=U&SiteId=1&FOCUS=Applicant&