Hourly: $18.70 – $21.24/hr.
At the Library, conducts complex bibliographic and authority file searching using Local ILS, OCLC Connexion, and other databases. Performs adaptive and complex copy-cataloging of monographic and/ or born-digital content in all Western languages via OCLC Connexion and the Library’s ILS.
Assists metadata librarians in assigning descriptive metadata for digital collections and born-digital content, particularly from the Art collection.
May create or update name authority records in OCLC Connexion authority file for new names, name changes, and new information encountered in the course of daily cataloging, under close supervision of the local NACO coordinator. Special cataloging and maintenance projects as assigned.
- One to two years of library experience and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to utilize independent judgement in recommending library policies and procedures; ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to interpret and apply complex description, filing, and data entry procedures.
- Demonstrated customer service experience and ability to work effectively with patrons, including students, staff, and faculty.
- High degree of computer literacy and comfort in the digital environment; the ability to independently learn new technologies and their applications in libraries.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced academic environment.
- Experience working with ALEPH integrated library system (catalog).
- Two to three years of Library experience.
More information and application: https://jobs.ucsb.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1451920748312