Salary:$40000-$45000Closing Date of the posting:SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
The Programs Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of public, interpretive and education programs and events, in accordance with the policies of the Museum.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop, communicate, and implement a dynamic vision for the annual public programs and events that support OMAH’s strategic priorities and goals.
• Work with the Curator and Executive Director to develop a docent program complementary to all exhibitions.
• Develop, schedule and implement educational and interpretive programming under the direction of the Executive Director.
• Book and schedule school programs, community associations and special groups requiring museum guide/tours, education programs. Produce metrics in order to evaluate attendance and performance objectives.
• Assess and modify (as required) existing OMAH public, interpretative, educational programs through the development of participant feedback and teacher/leader evaluations.
• Work with the Executive Director on securing funding through public or foundation grants.
• Assist with other programming events related to new sponsorship or grant funded opportunities.
• Develop, implement, and monitor programming budgets, ensuring expenditures are within assigned authority and approved limits.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with the general public, school boards, other museums, public organizations, special interest groups, community partners, volunteers and other Museum users.
• Assist with customer service and sales transactions.
• Contribute to a quarterly newsletter for distribution to membership and ongoing communication through social media.
• Ensure compliance with provincial and museum occupational health and safety legislation, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Prepare and present written reports as required.