Are you an art librarian or library student living in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, and the U.S. Virgin Islands territory?
Is one of your New Years Resolutions to be more involved in professional associations?
The Southeast Chapter Travel Award is an excellent opportunity to help fund your conference travel.
Our best candidate will receive a $500 (USD) award to attend the joint ARLIS/NA and VRA conference in Seattle, WA on March 8-12, 2016.
The purpose of this award is to cultivate a talented, dedicated, and educated group of professionals for the ARLIS/NA organization as well as the ARLIS/NA-SE chapter.
Funds from this award may be used to pay for travel, lodging, registration and meals associated with professional development activities at the annual ARLIS/NA conference.
Any individual meeting these criteria may apply for the award; however first-time attendees are given preference.
- Currently reside in the geographic area served by the ARLIS/NA-SE chapter (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, and the U.S. Virgin Islands).
- Membership in ARLIS/NA-SE and ARLIS/NA at the time of application is not required,
- although preference will be given to current ARLIS/NA-SE members.
- Currently be either employed in the field of art librarianship and/or visual resources curatorship, or enrolled in an educational program leading to a graduate degree.
- Current students, individuals beginning their professional career within the field of Art Information in the past five years, and paraprofessionals who are becoming active in ARLIS/NA or ARLIS/SE for the first time may be included.
- All individuals meeting these criteria may apply for the award; however, first-time attendees are given preference.
- Recipients of the award may not reapply in future years.
AWARD RECIPIENT DUTIES
The travel award recipient is expected to:
- Participate in the ARLIS/NA Conference Networking program (if they have not previously done so).
- Attend the ARLIS/NA-SE Chapter meeting at the annual ARLIS/NA conference.
- Submit a written report on his or her conference activities within one month of the conference. The report should be submitted to the ARLIS/NA-SE webmaster to be posted to the ARLIS/NA-SE webpage.
- Serve on the 2017 Professional Development Travel Award Committee and subsequently chair the committee in 2018.
Award applications will be accepted up until midnight on Friday, January 29th, 2016. The award winner will be contacted no later than Friday, February 5th, 2016.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Courtney Baron (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Sara DeWaay (email@example.com).