Salary: $2,715 – $3,273 (monthly + Full Benefits)
Position summary: This position exists to support the development of digital collections by creating digital resources, building metadata, and supporting increased access to materials in the institution’s digital repository. The position also supports the preservation of the Libraries’ print collections by providing conservation treatment to deteriorated and damaged materials and assisting with general preservation activities, including disaster response and recovery.
Two years of experience in a collections-based library or cultural heritage environment (i.e. museums, historical societies, archives etc.) performing digitization and preservation processes. Digitization may have included the following formats: scanning negatives, photos, prints, slides, and digitization of audio. Preservation may have included hands-on conservation experience with paper or archival collections.
- Please note: a resume and cover letter are required with your application materials. Please ensure your cover letter outlines why you are interested in this position, how your experience aligns with the responsibilities of this position, and what makes you the ideal candidate.
The highly desired candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, personal characteristics, and experience directly related and critical to this position:
- Experience supervising staff which included hiring, training, delegating tasks, maintaining quality control, providing feedback, and resolving challenges in the workplace to maintain productivity.
- Demonstrated desire to provide and maintain a high standard of hand-crafted conservation techniques through attention to detail and evaluation of work quality.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills demonstrated through work experience as a team member and patron/customer assistance
- Demonstrated ability to remain flexible and transition smoothly from one task to another with frequently changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and work independently in order to accomplish job tasks accurately and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment and make decisions regarding the best course of action for digitization and/or preservation after thorough analysis of materials.
More information and application: https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/29390