This position works under the general supervision of the Head Librarian. Examples of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Interlibrary Loan and Circulation. Acquires, processes, distributes, monitors, and returns resources needed for staff not available in the Ringling Art Library, as well as those requested from the Ringling. Manages ILL billing and payments. Works closely with the ILL Department at FSU’s Strozier Library.
- Oversees the Library’s circulation and is responsible for Aleph training in conjunction with FSU’s Strozier Library.
- Responsible for compiling statistical reports concerning the Library’s circulation, ILL, program attendance, reference questions, acquisitions, volunteer hours, catalog entries, and daily attendance in the library.
- Responsible for the monitoring of the library’s budget with the division’s administrative assistant and the accounting department.
- Assists with the oversight, training, and direction of volunteers, interns, and related tasks.
- Assists with tours of the library and bibliographic/library use instruction for visitors, docents, staff, and students.
- Shares weekly reference desk assignments with the cataloging library, assists the other librarians with general reference questions, and answers online reference inquires.
- Compiles bibliographies and other written library aids, and may provide library skills training and bibliographic instruction to staff, students, docents, and volunteers.
- Manages the Library’s exhibition catalog exchange program.
- Manages the serials publications. Oversees a system to monitor use of the periodicals and, together with the Head of Library Services, researches and makes recommendations for the acquisition and weeding of periodicals. Manages the EBSCO automated serials management system and prepares periodicals for the bindery.
- Together with the Head of Library Services and the Cataloging Librarian, plans and engages in the development of new programs and other library projects.
- Attends and participates in workshops, seminars, and conferences inside and outside the library as necessary.
– Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience related to the duties of the position? (Note: higher education will substitute for experience at the equivalent rate.) – Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills. – Experience providing library reference services. – Experience and knowledge of the policies and practices of library services
– MLS/MLIS degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited university; a background in art/art history or previous work in a museum library. – Experience with the Aleph software. – Experience creating and managing library programs. – Experience training and supervising volunteers. – Experience with interlibrary loan and circulation activities.
Anticipated Salary Range
Low $30,000’s/year + Florida state benefits available.
More information and application: https://jobs.omni.fsu.edu/psc/sprdhr_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=39603&PostingSeq=1