The North Dakota State University Libraries seek an Architecture and Visual Arts Librarian to join an energetic team of information professionals engaged in building information resources and services at NDSU. The Architecture and Visual Arts Librarian will play a vital role in leveraging library expertise and in identifying new opportunities for partnering with and supporting instruction and research initiatives within the Department of Architecture & Landscape Architecture and the Department of Visual Arts. This embedded librarian is based at the Klai Juba Wald Architecture & Landscape Architecture Library in Klai Hall, located in downtown Fargo, an area supporting a vibrant local arts culture and benefiting from revitalization efforts by local architectural firms and NDSU program alumnus. The individual in this position will also be working with the Department of Visual Arts in Renaissance Hall, as well as additional architecture faculty also based at Renaissance Hall. Renaissance Hall is located in downtown Fargo, about a two block walk from Klai Hall.
The responsibilities and duties are as follows:
• Manage the Klai Juba Wald Architecture & Landscape Architecture Library, including maintenance of library materials and equipment, and coordination of the downtown library associate and student workers in conjunction with the business librarian.
• Provide research services, assisting students, faculty, staff and other patrons in using and learning how to use the full range of resources available through the NDSU Libraries.
• Provide information literacy and instruction services, both in classroom settings and online.
• Select, assess, and maintain collections and resources in all formats in assigned subject areas.
• Serve as liaison to Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Visual Arts’ faculty and students, being proactive in reaching out to faculty and students.
• Participate in scholarly activities, does committee work and completes other assigned tasks.
• ALA-accredited M.A., M.S., M.L.S., or M.L.I.S. by time of appointment
• Experience (full-time/part-time work, assistantships, internships, practicums, volunteer) in an academic or research library
• Experience or coursework in evaluating, selecting and maintaining information resources in multiple formats
• Experience or coursework in providing reference services
• Experience or coursework in instruction
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and collegially with colleagues in a rapidly evolving work environment
• Exhibits excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Coursework in architecture, visual arts, or related creative field
• Demonstrated knowledge of literature and information resources in architecture, landscape architecture and/or visual arts for uses in developing research level collections
• Demonstrated understanding of the research process in architecture, landscape architecture and/or visual arts
• Experience or coursework related to trends and issues in academic librarianship, such as information literacy, scholarly communication, and data management
• Experience in developing library programming around current trends in librarianship, as related to architecture, landscape architecture and/or visual arts
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative in reaching out to students/faculty
• Supervisory experience
More information and application: https://jobs.ndsu.edu/postings/7209