The Association of Architecture School Librarians (AASL) is now accepting applications for the 2016 AASL Student Travel Award. The award supports attendance at the AASL annual conference which will be held in Seattle, March 11-13, 2016. The application deadline is January 12, 2016. Details about the award follow.
The AASL Student Travel Award is intended to introduce a library school student or recent graduate interested in a career in architecture school librarianship to the membership and activities of AASL through attendance at the organization’s annual conference.
1. The amount of $600.00, to be awarded in person at the annual meeting
2. Waiver of annual AASL dues for a period of one year
ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS
1. Students who are currently enrolled in an ALA accredited graduate program or individuals who have graduated from an ALA accredited program within twelve months of the application deadline are eligible to apply for this award.
2. The recipient of the award must confirm in writing via e-mail that she or he is able to meet the requirement of conference attendance.
3. The recipient of the award will submit a brief post-conference report for posting on the AASL Website. The report should outline conference activities and experiences and include an account of how the award supported professional development goals.
The application process consists of e-mailing a completed application form and a curriculum vitae to the chair of the AASL Awards Committee, Ed Teague, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than January 12, 2016. The application form can be found at https://sites.google.com/site/aaslawards/
Inquiries about the award should be directed to: Ed Teague, email@example.com.
Learn more about AASL at http://www.architecturelibrarians.org/.