The Library seeks an energetic, highly organized, detail oriented individual with a strong public service orientation to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Video Library and its public digitization workstations under the general supervision of the Video Library Manager, and to assist with Media Reserve processing and Resource Sharing services.
Responsibilities will include:
- Hiring, training and supervising 10 to 15 student workers;
- Assisting the Video Library Manger with Reserve streaming services;
- Processing faculty reserve requests received via the Library’s ORRS system, etc.;
- Communicating directly with faculty and/or academic departmental secretaries regarding course reserve matters;
- Preparing reserve item purchase orders for placement by Library Acquisitions Services;
- Supplementing Interlibrary Loan and Article Express staff in performing interlibrary lending and electronic document delivery.
- Experience with Audio/Visual hardware and software such as i-Movie, Audacity, Media Encoder, or Movie Maker or other relevant work experience.
- Relevant experience working with an integrated library system.
- Facility with the MS-Office software suite.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Experience which demonstrates the ability to perform relevant bibliographic database searching.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Candidates will be required to pass the standard testing for Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel).
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate degree with two years of work experience in academic libraries or the equivalent.
- Work experience in academic library public services, including interlibrary loan, reserve, media service, or the equivalent.
- Experience with ILLiad and Odyssey or equivalent interlibrary loan software.
- Experience with reserve or online course management software (i.e. Ares, Docutek ERes, Blackboard, Sakai, etc.)
- Knowledge of one or more scanning software applications.
- Basic understanding of network storage
More information and application: https://www.higheredjobs.com/search/details.cfm?JobCode=176176962&Title=Special%20Collections%20Assistant%20V