Job Purpose: Create and maintain digital image archive databases including document scanning, control and filing of images. Documents processed may include electronic text, photos, drawing and paper documents.
- Use specialized software to maintain a database of photographic resources.
- Research, test, install and maintain digital image databases.
- Monitor and report digital image data needs; anticipate future needs.
- Provide database availability to qualified users.
- Perform document and image editing and quality control.
- Maintain database related inventories and tracking.
- Update logs and records related to imaging systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Technical Diploma, Associate’s Degree, or two years college coursework
- Work Experience: One to two years job related experience,
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires basic skills in photographic methods and media, library processes, database maintenance and photographic archival practices. Organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communications skills, attention to detail are required as is the use of specialized computer systems and software.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or related field.
- Preferred Work Experience: Experience troubleshooting or proofing code or creating accessible electronic texts heavy in mathematics.
- Preferred Skills:
- Knowledge of XML, XHTML,CSS, XSLT
- Advanced knowledge of Acrobat and Office
- Excellent attention to detail and good problem solving skills
- Skilled in mathematics (minimum calculus)
- Advanced computer skills
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and reading comprehension.
- Typing speed of 45 words per minute or higher
More information and application: https://gatech.taleo.net/careersection/gatech_temp/jobdetail.ftl?job=198040&src=JB-10160