Salary: $40,000 (Canadian)
Responsibilities for the Executive Director position include:
• Administer day-to-day operations and act as the public face of Art Metropole
• Lead all grant writing and fundraising, including corporate sponsorship and donor relations
• Work with the Board of Directors, and the staff in planning and implementing fundraising activities
• Work with the Board and staff to ensure sound financial management
• Work with the staff and Board to develop and administer Art Metropole’s programming initiatives, events and publications
• Keen engagement with new and old forms of artist-initiated publishing and distribution
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of contemporary art practices and non-profit artist-run centres
• Familiarity with financial management including budgeting, reporting and cost control
• Demonstrated ability to liaise with other arts organizations, advocacy groups and the media
• Successful grant writing experience at various levels of government
• Experience in leading and managing a team of staff and working with a Board of Directors and membership
• Excellent command of the English language (written and oral)
The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director is a salaried position remunerated at $40 000 CAD per annum and based on 32-36 hours a week for 12 months of the year. Benefits include an extended health plan, 16 days vacation, and 5 days paid leave available annually for professional development.
The job entails working some evenings and weekends and will require occasional national and international travel. This position is a three-year contract, with an option to renew, and carries an expected start date early in January 2016. We invite individuals who reflect the diversity of our city to apply.