The Blizzard vault team is seeking a highly organized Library Science graduate student to assist with the day to day activities of the Blizzard library, as well as on-going projects within the Blizzard archive. The vault team provides outstanding customer service and daily access to research materials to support creative inspiration, aid in production, and enhance professional development for all Blizzard employees. In addition, the Blizzard archive is dedicated to the care and preservation of the company’s history and culture in the forms of concept art, sculpture, textiles, legacy games, company documents, storyboard, fan art, and much more. You will work directly with the Blizzard librarian / archivist while providing support for all campus employees.
As an intern at Blizzard, you will have the opportunity to potentially work on a variety of projects relating to Blizzard Entertainment. In addition, you will get a chance to work on tasks you may not see in a traditional library / archive setting such as rehousing of oversized ogre clubs, preservation of dragon statues, and the creation of metadata for video game concept art. The Blizzard library is a center point at Blizzard used by employees for growth and learning and of course for fun and relaxation (our custom designed RPG table gets daily use). As an intern, you will join the small team of professionals that work to maintain and grow the library and archive.
- Support the day-to-day activities of the on-campus library (circulation, retrieval, cataloging, reference services, collection development, systems cleanup).
- Assist and gain hands-on experience in the arrangement of physical archival collections, preservation techniques, sorting, handling, identification, rehousing, and digitization of a variety of materials.
- Assist with the development of our in-house DAM system.
- Assist in the creation of metadata for a large and continuously growing digital archive.
- Assist with the organization of controlled vocabulary terms unique to Blizzard games.
Intern Guild Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2016
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2016 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 31, 2016 – August 19, 2016 or June 13, 2016 – September 2, 2016 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Current MLIS graduate student
- Experience in dabbling in the Information Sciences
- Able to relate your librarianship training/education and flexibly apply it in a game industry setting
- Understanding of traditional and digital archiving approaches
- Having knowledge of our Blizzard universe can be helpful, but is not required
- Cover Letter
Application and more information: https://blizzard.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=90261&src=JB-1052