As a Library Branch Manager, serves as Librarian-in-Charge libraries. Responsibilities include managing the overall service plan and operation of the agency including collection development and maintenance, services and programs, customer and community relations, out- reach and developing partnerships and overseeing the general maintenance and security of the library building and grounds.
As a Management Librarian, serves as Coordinator of the Arts and Media Department located at Central Library. Responsibilities include high quality service, managing the department staff, outreach, and the development of the Milwaukee Public Library collection in visual and performing arts, music, rarities, recordings, film, sports, and recreation.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science or Library Information Science from an ALA-accredited library school (transcripts are required; please see the full posting at www.jobaps.com/mil).
- Five years of increasingly responsible professional librarian or supervisory experience, including three years working within a library environment.
- Spanish language skills desirable.
- Previous experience in a lead worker or supervisory role.
- Knowledge and appreciate of the Arts.
The current starting salary (1DX) is $54,865 for residents of the City of Milwaukee, appointment above the minimum is possible up to $68,030 with approval. The annual starting salary is $53,519 for non-Milwaukee residents, with appointment above the minimum is possible up to $66,361 with approval.
- APPLICATIONS and further information may be accessed by visiting www.jobaps.com/MIL.