Dynamic and collegial librarian to enhance teaching and learning. Empower faculty, librarians, and students to make full and better use of digital technologies that reshape pedagogical approaches and transform research in liberal arts. Encourage faculty and librarians to integrate digital technologies into pedagogy and inspire students to produce scholarship in innovative ways through personal assistance, workshop training, and collaboration. Foster collaborative network of services that support teaching and learning. Support integration of established and emerging technologies into curriculum. Collaborate with librarians to promote integration of information literacy and library resources. Foster successful adoption and application of best practices and applications in digital liberal arts. Coordinate development of workshops. Lead development of learning objects (modules and tutorials) for library’s website and college’s learning management system, in support of teaching. Participate in network of other liberal arts colleges and consortia to share positive results.
- Masters in Library and Information Science or equivalent
- Second advanced degree desirable (field open)
- Background in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or Digital Humanities
- Familiarity with concept of information literacy in higher education
- Demonstrated teaching ability; successful experiences in collaborative working environments
- Highly developed communication skills, oral and written
- Commitment to character and goals of liberal arts college with Christian perspective and specifically, to Hope College’s Mission
Detailed position description, online application and instructions:https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/hopeedu/jobs/1234882/library-digital-liberal-arts-librarian.