The original post can be found here:
To support the Interactive Marketing Manager and work closely with all members of the Luminato Festival Marketing and Communications team to ensure the successful execution of the 2016 Festival. The Interactive Marketing Coordinator will assist with the execution of overall Interactive Marketing strategy and monitor media content of interactive and social media channels.
• Upload images, videos and related files to a digital repository
• Apply descriptive metadata tagging system using an indexing database: identify featured artists, photographers, videographers, and related keywords
• Assist with developing standards and workflows for cataloguing process
• Develop user-friendly guide on how to use the database and provide training to staff
• Assist with fulfilling media requests for photos
• Troubleshoot technical issues surrounding import and export of digital items and associated metadata
• Strong understanding of metadata standards and archival theory and practice
• Knowledge of digital file formats and specifications
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently with minimum supervision
• Superb organization skills with strong attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Degree (or pursuing a degree or coursework) in Information and Library Science, Art History, Museum Studies, or related fields
• Experience cataloguing digital resources with databases and asset management systems
I thought it didn’t have much detail, so I asked the Luminato staff for some more information. Here goes:
The job: Ideally full-time contract for 2-3 months (starting January 2016). This is negotiable, i.e. the contract can be extended for longer if it’s done in part-time hours.
The location: Work is expected to be done on-site at the Luminato offices. However, some work may be done remotely; again, this is negotiable.
The tech: The collection comprises photo, video, and audio; a CMS or DAM hasn’t been chosen yet, but Luminato would like to aggregate content from various locations into one system, likely cloud-based. (Hence the remote work.)
The salary: “Coordinator” status at the organization generally indicates a FTE salary in the $30,000-40,000 range, which would be pro-rated in the event of part-time hours.
The work: The contract doesn’t start for a few months, but the organization hopes to have someone hired before the holidays. The platform may still not be chosen by the time the contract starts, and the chosen candidate may have the opportunity to influence the workflows and procedures, depending on their skill-set.