June 26, 2015
This position reports to the Director of Patron Services and New Media and is responsible for leading the efforts to acquire, preserve, catalogue, describe and provide access to archives materials and special collections materials. This includes developing processes for the routine acquisition, preservation and access of archives materials created by the National Arts Centre (NAC) and serving as an expert in assessing preservation and access needs for archives materials.
The incumbent also acts as custodian of the NAC’s fine arts collection. He/She plans and oversees the arrangement, cataloguing and exhibition of collections, including online exhibits and, along with the Assistant Archivist and the New Media Senior Project Manager and Strategy Analyst, maintains the collections. He/She also researches topics or items relevant to the collections.
Salary: currently under review
Status: Full-time, continuing
Start date: September 1, 2015
– Bachelor’s degree in archival science, history, fine arts or a related discipline and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in an archives environment and two (2) years of experience in the design, development and implementation of a content management system (CMS); or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
– Excellent knowledge of archival management practices and concepts, content management systems, procedures, legislation, methodology and techniques;
– Experience managing budgets and complex projects;
– Experience working with archive organizations and associations and the performing arts in Canada;
– Experience in managing collections of theatrical and performing arts artifacts;
– Experience overseeing the planning, development and presentation of exhibits; including online exhibits;
– Strong time management skills to coordinate activities and adhere to planning process timelines;
– Ability to assess operational requirements and to develop and implement operational policies and procedures;
– Experience with content management systems (CMS);
– Excellent knowledge of computer applications (MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat);
– Excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality;
– Bilingualism in both official languages is a strong asset.
Regular attendance at work is an expectation of employment and an essential part of every job.