This post came through the AMIA listserv; I can’t find record of the job posting online, but I believe you can contact Kate Trainor, Film Collections Manager at MoMA, if you have any questions.
The Museum of Modern Art is currently accepting applications for a one-year, grant funded Cataloger in its’ Film Department. Reporting to The Celeste Bartos Chief Curator of Film and the Collections Manager, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Works with relational databases, cleaning data, and facilitating a conversion from one database to another.
- Conducts in-depth research on existing collection, reviewing existing files and collection materials and updating the Museum’s database.
- Works with curatorial staff in examining and cataloguing acquisitions; enters information for Museum archival records, updating when changes occur.
- Surveys the Department’s collection, identifying gaps in information, and performing necessary follow-up.
- Maintains standards for motion picture cataloging.
- Maintains collection data, records, and files.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree and prior experience with collections organization and cataloguing or equivalent. General knowledge of motion picture film history. Knowledge of relational databases, data entry standards, and data processing. Familiarity with TMS (The Museum System). Highly motivated, results-oriented, analytical and organized. Accurate typing. Ability to collaborate and balance concurrent short- and long-term projects.
Please submit resume and cover letter, which must include salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position title in the subject line.
The Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.