Description: Film Technician for Motion Picture Preservation Film Facility
We are currently seeking individuals to join our Film Preparation Department (prep). As a key member of prep, you will be exposed to processes and techniques used to work with a variety of film formats. Previous film handling experience is beneficial but our training results in a knowledgeable Preservation Film Technician. A successful candidate will demonstrate strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills, and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Assess condition of material to determine best preservation workflow
- Maintain data log of work procedure and material condition
- Conduct the physical preparation, repair, and cleaning of client material in step for next phase
- Follow industry conventions and client requirements for proper labeling and identification of material
- Coordinate with staff to facilitate transition of jobs through different departments
- Manage and respond to inbound requests regarding job status and condition
- Assist with shipping and receiving of client material on as needed basis
Successful candidates will possess:
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizing, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- Effective time management and ability to work well under pressure
- Advanced computer skills using data spreadsheets and internet research
- Ability to learn technique and information quickly
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience handling 16mm and 35mm motion picture film, splicing, perforation repair, and printing procedures a plus.
Colorlab offers a full compensation package that includes:
- A selection of health and dental benefits, health savings plan, paid time off and 401(K) option
Colorlab is a well-respected motion picture facility in Rockville, Maryland, that handles original camera negative and archival films. Our clients include Federal, state, and municipal government institutions, universities, museums, production companies, and individuals.
Applicants should e-mail a one-page resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Marketing and Customer Service
5708 Arundel Ave.
Rockville, MD 20852
Phone: 301-770-2128 x133