The Baltimore Museum of Art is seeking an experienced Project Archivist for the successful execution of an archives processing and digital preservation policy project. This is a grant-funded, 12-month, full-time, temporary position in the Library and Archives Department of The Baltimore Museum of Art.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Following national standards and best practices for archival description, process and arrange institutional records, recommend and implement appropriate preservation procedures, work with Archivists’ Toolkit, and prepare MARC records.
- Train and supervise volunteers and interns.
- Working with staff throughout the Museum, develop an institution-wide digital preservation policy. Create procedures specifically for the preservation of born-digital and digitized archival records.
- Promote the progress and results of the project via social media, professional conference presentations, and/or articles in professional journals or newsletters.
- Remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, and attending professional development courses and training.
This full-time, temporary, exempt position reports to the Head Librarian & Archivist in the Education Division.
Full post here.