Auto req ID: 13063BR
Position Title: Creative Studios Librarian
Department Name: Creative Materials Management
Location: Cleveland, OH
Job Description: In this role, the Creative Studios Librarian is responsible for maintaining information in the Creative Libraries, Historic Archives and Global Attachment/Resource Room. Creates and/or modifies support systems, catalogs and databases, as necessary. Works independently, provides reports and completes other administrative functions that support the Creative Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
• Management of creative reference library:
– Direct daily business functions associated with the library and historic archives, including but not limited to:
o Catalog new items in accordance to Library of Congress and AACR2 standards.
o Maintain and update all patron records.
o Archive digital and physical historic collection.
o Maintain catalogue and bibliographic systems that increases the access of information.
o Work within established budget to make all library acquisitions and communicate with suppliers
– Selection and acquisition of catalog utilizing knowledge of creative publishing industry.
– Act as buyer to support financial goals for the existing and planned library assets and resources. Communicates with suppliers and purchases materials.
– Perform research and act as a point of reference for trend groups, creative production groups, including art directors, designers.
– Train and assist department staff and library users on procedures and functions in the library.
– Head library committee.
– Delegate responsibilities to rotating library assistants.
– Develop and implement plan for enhancing services offered by the library and promote these services.
– Supports initiatives that promote sharing information across business units.
• Management of Global Attachment/Resource Room:
– Act as creative point person for all card attachments and related processes
– Manage replenishment of attachment samples by collaborating with Global Sourcing partners
– Facilitate thorough maintenance of attachments in the system, including regular updates of images and taxonomy
– Provide shopping assistance to designers by purchasing requested attachments online and at retail
– Work within established budget to purchase GRR supplies and inventory
• Update and manage information systems (LibraryWorld, Access, Excel).
• Maintain quality and productivity metrics.
• Participate in interdepartmental cross-training initiatives and support other work centers within the Creative Department.
• Contact with all levels within corporation.
Experience Required: • 1 to 3 years experience in a library setting preferred.
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) is essential. Knowledge of the Adobe suite a plus.
Education Required: • Bachelors degree, or similar experience required, Master’s in Library and Information Science or equivalent experience preferred.
Job Code E10911 LIBRARIAN