The Institute of Classical Architecture & Art (ICAA) seeks an intern to assist in the cataloging and maintenance of the ICAA’s collection of art and architecture books and its historic plaster cast collection.
Thoughtfully compiled over the years from donations from members, instructors, and friends of the Institute, the ICAA’s collection of books, monographs, sketch books and serials focuses on the classical tradition in art and architecture and serves to support the curriculum and mission of the ICAA.
The ICAA’s historic plaster cast collection is part of the seminal 19th century collection from the Metropolitan Museum of Art and serves as a vital and permanent resource of the Institute. The approximately 100 casts are used as a tool of pedagogy and direct inspiration for students of architecture, cast drawing painting, sculpture, drawing and their allied building arts.
Internship description and duties
- Works under the general direction of the Associate Director of Education & Special Collections (MLS)
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to cataloging and processing books, data entry, general maintenance of the library and assisting to create metadata.
- Intern must be able to commit to the position for the entire Fall semester or until the end of the 2014 calendar year.
- Intern is expected to work at least 8-10 hours per week.
- Schedule is flexible during normal business hours.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, responsible, reliable, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently.
This internship is unpaid but offers a food and travel stipend in the amount of $250 per month.
Individuals currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs in the fields of archives & records management, library science, museum studies, or art history are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send their resume and a letter of interest indicating if formal internship for credit is sought, to Nora Reilly, MLS, Associate Director of Education & Special Collections, email@example.com.