Rogers has a full-time regular position opening at their 1 Mount Pleasant headquarters in Toronto.
- Manage ingesting of all original footage for Sportsnet production at the CBC location
- Manage Sportsnet’s section of the Avid production system at CBC location
- Coordinate transfer of material designated for archiving from Avid back to Quantel production system
- Enforce naming conventions, retention dates and other policies on Avid production system
- Regular analysis of stoarge usage, movement and capacity in Avid system
- Provide input / reccomendations on the management of storage devices, workflow, policies & procedures, and additional storage requirements based on growth rates
- Communicate and interact with existing staff to clarify needs and priorities in managing the storage of media assets, as well as to reinforce the business rules and workflow.
- Provide on-going training to staff on all production-related systems.
Solid broadcasting experience with an aptitude for information technology.
Experience working within a Media/Archive Library organizing and cataloguing the media, either tape based or preferably, in a digital file format.
Extremely detail oriented
Good communication skills
Ability to problem solve
Ability to multi-task
Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
Ability to work within short timeframes
Experience with Quantel, Ardome, DART, Volicon, Avid and Qtube a definite asset.