The Entertainment Content team is seeking an extremely organized person with records management experience for the position of Digital Media Librarian. The main focus of this position is to manage and expand a digital asset management system which will drive efficiencies and allow better asset sharing across the company. We need an enthusiastic individual who loves working as part of a team and who will take ownership over the whole DAM system. PS – did we say you get to watch movies for free?
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Maintain the current library for all of Cineplex’s digital creative assets.
- Work in conjunction with the production team to create life cycle management strategy, including cataloguing, storage, retrieval, distribution, and disposal of digital assets.
- Use, monitor and optimize metadata schema to enhance discoverability of digital assets.
- Fulfill requests for assets and deliverables from internal stakeholders as well as external clients.
- Roll out Digital Asset Management system to other Cineplex offices in Toronto and Waterloo.
- Monitor data migration/synchronization tasks using CatDV software, integrated with the Cineplex information architecture.
- Train producers, editors, creative artists and other stakeholders in digital asset management procedures.
- Assist stakeholders with day-to-day duties including ingesting and shot listing of raw shoot footage, transcoding media, organizing assets, adding metadata, sourcing and posting assets, etc.
- Other duties as required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Capacity to learn constantly and quickly.
- Must be flexible and be able to work under pressure.
- Able to work independently.
- Knowledge of French (written and verbal) is an asset.
Hard Skills / Experience:
- Three years’ experience in a film or video library setting.
- Experience with digital archive strategies, records management, library and information management, or archive management.
- Experience with DAM systems; knowledge of Cat DV is an asset.
- Strong familiarity with video and graphic design file formats.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Fluent with FTP programs.
- Must be Mac proficient.
- Media transcoding experience; knowledge of Digital Rapids Transcode manager is an asset.
There is no deadline for applications, and no given salary information.