The Film Reference Library is seeking interns to assist with the inventory of a large collection under the direction of the Manager, Special Collections, using pre-set standards for archival description.
Here’s the job post. This is a summer contract, running from May 26 – August 15.
• Cataloguing and labeling artifacts, textual records, graphic materials, photographs, and videos
• Re-housing, re-sleeving and boxing items in accordance with archival standards
• Record creation
• Data input (accurate and fast)
• Scanning photographs, textual records, and graphic materials as required
• Shipping/storage related functions
• Currently enrolled in or a recent graduate of a Museum Studies or Library Information Program
• Familiar with archival and museum standard practices
• Experience with museum/archival databases
• Accurate and fast data input
• Experience handling and storing artifacts and archival items
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team
• Able to lift 30lbs
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends