Account Manager, International
New York City
Artstor is a nonprofit organization with a mission to use digital technology to enhance scholarship, teaching, and learning in the arts and sciences. We bring together 1.8 million high-quality images for education and research and offer the tools to catalog, manage, and distribute digital media collections. Artstor is headquartered in New York, NY.
The Account Manager, International will share responsibility for expanding subscription support for the Artstor Digital Library and Shared Shelf beyond North America. This position requires some travel (approx. 20%) and demands a self-motivated, flexible, organized team player who thrives in a dynamic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Director of International Outreach to meet and exceed subscription targets and revenue goals on an annual basis.
- Effectively demonstrate digital products and tools, providing librarians and faculty members with useful information and strategies for promoting Artstor as a campus-wide resource and platform.
- Work with the team members to meet and exceed participation and revenue goals on an annual basis.
- Communicate Artstor’s mission, messages, and fees to potential customers.
- Respond to inquiries, update customer information management tool and pipeline, negotiate basic terms of License Agreements, give remote demonstrations and set up trial access.
- Represent Artstor at conferences and other events deemed appropriate for this community.
- Keep up-to-date on various Artstor initiatives and developments and communicate these initiatives to potential participants.
- Additional special projects as assigned by managers and other senior staff members.
- 1-3 years of experience in international sales and/or business development
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Library Science, Business, or Art History);
- Demonstrated success selling digital content or software solutions to librarians and other decision makers in higher education.
- Excellent communication skills in a variety of settings.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- Comfortable with technology, including familiarity with metadata structures, trends, and Web development, as well as project management experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Able to perform independently, be self-motivated, juggle multiple tasks with a positive attitude, and adapt to constant change.
- Strong commitment and interest in the use of images in an educational setting.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with the international library consortia.
- Business development, marketing, and/or academic library experience.
- Working knowledge of image management software and database technology.
- Experience with customer relationship management software (Talisma, Sales Force, or other).
Artstor is an equal opportunity employer. Artstor offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a collegial working environment. Nominations and applications, including a cover letter, resume, and salary history should be emailed to: email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No telephone calls please.