The Technical Services Librarian is responsible for original and copy cataloging of library materials in all formats. Oversees all technical services, such as serials management, materials processing, repair, binding and preservation. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion – is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Master’s Degree in Library, Information Science, or related from an ALA accredited school.
- At least 3 to 5 years experience working in a library in a post-secondary institution.
- Held positions of increasingly responsible experience in the industry.
- Knowledge of subjects usually taught at a post-secondary institution
- Knowledge of integrated library systems, OCLC, LCSH, MARC records and current technologies
- Fiscal and personnel management expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both peer and subordinate personnel.
- Superior organizational skills
- Work effectively a team member to insure that departmental goals are met.
- Ability to work well within the principles and practices of collection development.
- Ability to teach information literacy skills
- Comfort level with expanding and contracting sphere of influence as required at times by the role.
- Ability to frequently lift 10 to 15 pounds.