Under the supervision of the Dean of Academic Affairs and in collaboration with the Director of Learning Resources and Centralized Library Services Team, the Librarian ensures school library functions and services are appropriate and properly planned, implemented, and managed. The Librarian assists the school community in use of the library materials and resources through appropriate and meaningful information literacy and instruction programs as well as reference and research support. The librarian assists the school community with use of academic support services and technology including tutoring, assessments, student portals, learning management systems, and others.
Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion – is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Master’s Degree in Library, Information Science, or related from an ALA accredited school.
- At least one year experience working in a post-secondary institution library.
- Previous experience delivering instruction preferred.
- Knowledge of subjects taught by Art Institute system.
- Knowledge of library and educational technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Superior organizational, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Work effectively a team member to insure that system and school goals are met.
- Ability to effectively teach information literacy skills.
- Comfort level with expanding and contracting sphere of influence as required at times by the role.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 15 pounds.