via Archives Gig
The Frances Mulhall Achilles Library, Whitney Museum of American Art, seeks a candidate to fill a part-time, grant-funded position for a Project Archives Assistant who will follow the Whitney’s established policies and procedures for processing archives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Processing institutional archives (materials include paper documents, photographs, and varied ephemera) and apply appropriate professional standards following DACS rules;
• Have a high level of understanding and experience using Archivists’ Toolkit ™(AT), for data entry;
• Train and supervise interns to work with AT;
• Create finding aids
• Respond to archives reference questions both in-person and remotely from both Museum staff and outside researchers
• Able to lift 40 lb. boxes
Requirements: MLS or MLIS degree; archives certificate preferred; experience using Archivists’ Toolkit™ is a must, Encoded Archival Description, XML and familiar with MARC/AMC, DACS and VRA standards; strong written and verbal communication, people, and organizational skills.
If interested, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
EOE. No Calls Please.