Key Job Elements:
- Plan, coordinate, conduct, and assess library and information literacy instruction sessions and programs.
- Provide reference and research assistance to school community.
- Assist school community use of academic support and technology platforms and services including tutoring, student portal and others.
- Author, implement, evaluate and update school library policies and procedures in close collaboration with the school Dean of Academic Affairs, system Director of Learning Resources, and Centralized Library Services Team.
- Maintain library in an orderly manner; perform regular inventory, weed materials, and engage in minor catalog updates when requested by Centralized Library Services Team.
- Process and maintain print periodicals, tracking receipt and filing claims for missing issues.
- Receive, inspect and oversee shelving of materials purchased through Centralized Library Services Team.
- Inform Centralized Library Services Team of school community suggested library purchases.
- Collaborate with School Dean of Academic Affairs, Institutional Effectiveness staff, and Centralized Library Services Team in compiling and submitting information and reports for both internal and external (accreditation) purposes.
- Serve on school committees in order to promote, share, and gather information regarding library and related support services.
- Collaborate with school IT to oversee library hardware and software, including AV equipment.
- Aid Dean of Academic Affairs in selecting, training, and supervising Library Assistants and Student Library Assistants when applicable.
- Administer academic placement and certification tests when applicable.
- Conduct long range planning related job function.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Library, Information Science, or related from an ALA accredited school
- At least one year experience working in a post-secondary institution library
- Previous experience delivering instruction preferred
- Knowledge of subjects taught by Art Institute system
- Knowledge of library and educational technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Superior organizational, prioritization, and self-motivation skills
- Strong computer skills
- Work effectively a team member to insure that system and school goals are met
- Ability to effectively teach information literacy skills
- Comfort level with expanding and contracting sphere of influence as required at times by the role
- Ability to frequently lift up to 15 pounds