We’re seeking an eager new librarian to join the Blizzard Vault team. Reporting to the manager of the Blizzard Vault, the associate librarian and archivist will work with the existing librarian to handle much of the day-to-day responsibilities of the Blizzard Entertainment library, as well as basic tasks in the Blizzard Entertainment archives. The ideal candidate will have experience in a library or archive, and will be passionate and knowledgeable about Blizzard Entertainment games.
- Manage day-to-day circulation of the on-site library at the Irvine Campus.
- Perform basic cataloging, storage, and retrieval of physical and digital items in the library and archives.
- Provide in-person and email reference services to Blizzard Vault users.
- Assist the existing librarian and archivist to perform collections planning and deaccessioning.
- Follow established Blizzard Entertainment processes for effective library and archive management.
- Give outstanding customer service to Blizzard Vault users.
- Perform other duties for the Blizzard Vault team as required.
- A Master’s Degree in Library Science or Archives management, or equivalent experience
- Desire to build a career outside of the traditional academic or library track
- Experience working in a library or archive
- Absolute passion for Blizzard Entertainment games