SCAD libraries are focal points for inspiration, information, study and research. This is your opportunity to join the SCAD Savannah library as an acquisitions and collections librarian. In this position, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of assessing, developing, maintaining and acquiring print and electronic materials for the SCAD libraries’ collections.
- ALA-accredited M.L.S. degree
- undergraduate degree in a subject taught at SCAD
- experience maintaining and managing traditional and electronic information resources
- thorough knowledge of existing and emerging library technologies
- exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- acquire print materials and DVDs for Savannah and Atlanta libraries
- manage collection department initiatives and work closely with director of technical services on new initiatives for both acquisitions and collection development
- lead and coordinate with other librarians, staff and faculty in the acquisition of materials to support the university’s teaching and research objectives
- continuously review and update acquisition and collection development policies and procedures as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Contact: Human Resources, Savannah College of Art and Design
Online application form available here