via VRAweb.org’s Job Opportunities
THE COLLEGE OF WOOSTER invites applications for the Visual Resources Curator and Digital Services Associate. This is a full-time, position evenly split between duties in the Department of Art 7 Art History and the College Libraries. Primary responsibilities include digitization of materials for online collections, preparation of digital images for lectures in Art History and Studio Art, maintenance of an extensive slide collection, and digital asset management.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated proficiency in the tools and technologies related to digital collections, including flatbed and slide scanning, and digital imaging programs such as Photoshop
- Demonstrated proficiency with a digital SLR camera or a manual film camera
- Knowledge of art history at the level of a year-long introductory college course and ability to understand and learn art historical terminology
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Superior oral and written communication skills, enthusiasm for problem-solving, and the ability both to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree is required
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.