Job Title: Assistant Librarian
Organization: Southern California Institute of Architecture
Location: Los Angeles, California
The Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc) has a great opportunity for an individual with library experience and a naturally hospitable demeanor to be our new Assistant Librarian. The Assistant Librarian is responsible for covering the front desk and assisting all students, faculty, staff and visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist patrons with research and locating print and digital resources
- Check in and check out books and media equipment
- Manage media equipment circulation and reservations
- Help the Library Manager to process and catalog new books and magazines
- Manage student workers
- Help build up the collection in support of the pedagogy
- Cover the front desk which includes answering phone inquiries, supporting photocopier, computer workstations and scanning equipment
- Help maintain a secure, quiet and comfortable environment in the library
- Shelving material
- Additional duties as assigned by the Library Manager
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2+ years of experience with library reference or patron assistance
- Literacy/experience with the Avery Index, and other research databases
- MLS preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Architecture or Art preferred
- Video production and editing experience a plus
We offer a benefits package with medical, dental, vision, 401k and generous paid time off. View full job posting here.