via ALA Job List
Research & Instruction Librarian/Assistant Professor
Salary: $35,000 to $40,000
Research & Instruction Librarian/Assistant Professor, University Libraries, Murray State University. Full-time, tenure-track position to begin Winter 2013.
- ALA-accredited master’s degree required by start date.
- Experience providing research assistance and instruction required.
- Familiarity with course management systems required.
- A second Master’s degree preferred.
- Familiarity with SFX, ILLiad, Blackboard, and information literacy theory preferred.
Responsibilities: A tenure-track faculty position that primarily provides research and instructional services to the fine arts/modern languages departments within the College of Humanities and Fine Arts. This position:
- Teaches credit-bearing information literacy courses and course-related presentations within the College of Humanities and Fine Arts
- Acts as liaison with the College of Humanities and Fine Arts in support of collection development for faculty and student research
- Serves at the Information Desk; provides instruction when needed to online only and distance education classes
- Participates in state-wide, regional and university level professional groups and committees
- Any additional special duties as assigned by the Director of Public Services
Application Deadline: July 28, 2012.
To Apply: Please visit www.murraystatejobs.com.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Murray State University is an equal education and employment opportunity, M/F/D, AA employer.